Vitamins are essential nutrients that the body needs to function correctly. They help to support normal growth and development, maintain a healthy immune system, and help to convert food into energy. Vitamins also help to protect the body from disease and illness. Various vitamins and their uses
- Vitamin A: Supports healthy vision, immune system, and skin health. Vitamin A is essential for proper growth and development, as it helps to form and maintain healthy bones, teeth, and soft tissues. It is also for reproductive health, as it helps to regulate hormones and is essential for normal fetal development.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): Supports energy metabolism and nerve function, helps regulate mood and can help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. Vitamin B helps reduce inflammation, which can help protect against heart disease.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Supports energy metabolism and red blood cell production. Vitamin B2 helps to convert food into energy, which is essential for the body to function correctly. It helps to maintain healthy skin, nails, and hair.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Supports energy metabolism and nervous system health. Vitamin B3 helps to reduce inflammation and improve joint health. It helps to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of certain neurological disorders.
- Vitamin B6: Supports metabolism and nerve function. It helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. It also helps reduce premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms and depression.
- Vitamin C: Supports immune system health and collagen production. Vitamin C (วิตามิน ซี, which is the term in Thai) helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals and helps the body absorb iron, which is essential for red blood cell production. Vitamin C may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and stroke.
- Vitamin D: Supports bone health and immune system function. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. Vitamin D has been linked to improved mood and reduced symptoms of depression.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. It helps to strengthen the immune system and can reduce inflammation. Vitamin E has been linked to a reduced risk of certain types of cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
What Are Various Foods With High Vitamin Value?
- Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach, Kale, Collard Greens, Swiss Chard)
- Citrus Fruits (Oranges, Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes)
- Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries)
- Fish (Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines)
- Nuts and Seeds (Almonds, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Legumes (Lentils, Beans, Peas)
- Whole Grains (Oats, Brown Rice, Quinoa