The Fourth Generation (4G) is something to achieve up to 1GB download speeds and that broadband cellular network technology has essentially the same core protocols as the Internet is based on all-Internet Protocol (IP) network. Also, 4G networks are based on the capabilities defined by the ITU (International Telecommunication Union by which a mobile device is able to exchange data at 100 Mbps for high mobility communication and 1 Gbps for low mobility communication) in IMT Advanced (International Mobile Telecommunications Advanced) – 4G is the acronym for mobile multimedia, any-where, global mobility solutions over, integrated wireless and customized services. So, now let us see what makes 4G technology different from previous generations along with 4G with Smart 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and Smart Best wireless site survey software, site survey tools for wireless networks & Wifi site survey software app in detail.
In 2011, the first 4G networks were introduced online, but carriers achieve full 4G coverage in 2014. 4G is the 4th generation of broadband cellular network technology, succeeding 3G – 4G has revolutionized the field of telecommunication and is much faster than 3G by bringing the wireless experience to a new level altogether. 4G systems support interactive multimedia, voice, video, wireless internet, and other broadband services and 4G applications include mobile web access, IP telephony, gaming, HDTV, and video conferencing.
There are different network standards of 4G available, used by different cellular providers that conform to 4G requirements such as LTE or Long-Term Evolution (pre – 4G), LTE-Advanced, WiMAX, and Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB).
Features of 4g –
- Higher bandwidth and much faster than 3G
- Extremely high voice quality and better download speed
- Easy access to internet, social networks, streaming media, video calling, etc.
- The average download speed and upload speed on 4G is around 14Mbps, and close to 8Mbps, respectively.
- To download a movie, it would take roughly 40 minutes on 4G but on 3G, it takes over 2 hours to download.
Mobile networks from a data speed perspective have matured over the last two decades and mobile communication technologies are classified into different generations identified as 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G based on the architecture of the mobile network.
The First Generation or 1G –
- The first generation (1G) mobile network system introduced around 1982 and it was used to transmit only voice calls.
- AMPS, NMT, TACS, J-TACS, C-Netz are technology standard.
- The analog signals used to carry voices between the caller and receiver.
The Second Generation or 2G –
- The second generation (2G) came around 1991.
- GSM, D-AMPS, IS-95 (mobile network system) are technology standard.
- Voice calls conducted in digital form, thereby offering with improved call quality.
- This increased capacity on 4G allowed more people to talk simultaneously and led to improved security as the signals could be encrypted.
- Additional service has enabled to send SMS and MMS (Multimedia messages).
The Third Generation or 3G –
- The third generation (3G) mobile network technology came into operation during the late 90s, but it was introduced commercially around 2001.
- Voice and data services as it facilitates greater voice and data capacity.
- 3G provided Internet access via the same radio towers offer voice service.
- Therefore, more simultaneous calls could happen in the same frequency range and a significantly faster data transfer speed.
Communication network such as 4G is playing a great role in digital era whether you work in sales, marketing, product, project, or any other area of business. Introduction to Mobile Communications such as 4G or any other previous generations can give you a quick start. But you may face some challenges due to mobile network technology hence, it’s recommended to test your network from time to time. To meet such requirements, RantCell has developed as a software that will not only provide better solutions on 5G/4G coverages but also save your money and time. For this reason, many customers are going for RantCell than traditional testing method.